This past weekend was wonderful. Probably one of the best weekends in a while. It started bright and early Saturday morning at the ball field. We showed up for Taydens game a little early which gave me time to snap a few pictures and take the two little boys, plus one big boy, to the park while Tayden was warming up. I had a great time playing with my husband and watching him play with the kids.
Scott and I played on the stand up teeter totter for a good portion of the wait. It was insanely fun, reminded me of the dating days and affirmed to what a good guy I married. Until he sent me flying off...
My three handsome sons.
Tayden and Beckett have been the best of friends lately. This picture sums up their relationship perfectly.
After the game, we ran some errands and then went to Sams. We stopped for samples of course and then had our usual lunch of soft pretzels, hot dogs and ice cream. The boys were all well mannered. I didn't have to correct any behavior or rush to get out of there. We are at a really good spot right now. Going places with the boys is getting easier and easier and more and more enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, we have our days, but I am loving this stage my family is in.
I ended Saturday night with the Womens Broadcast. Scott took care of the rest of the evening. He did dinner, baths and bedtime. I got the whole night off. That was the first night since Cache has been born that I walked out the door before dinner and didn't come home until well after bed. I don't think he understands just how much I appreciated it. After the broadcast, my friends and I went out to dinner at one of my favorite local spots. The whole evening was so refreshing. I walked home a newly rejuvenated women.
Sunday was just as great. I actually attended 100% of my meetings. The boys sat through all of Sacrament, Tayden ran to primary and Beckett walked into nursery after a few hugs and kisses. I kept Cache with me, but he was an absolute dream. I went to all of Sunday school and all of Relief Society. He stayed busy and mostly quiet the whole time. That hasn't happened before and I laughed at the timing since he gets to go to nursery the week after conference.
This weekend was so great. Mostly because we got to hang out with each other and because our family is getting easier. While I still feel chaos, its not as overwhelming as it once was. We have found a good grove and I love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment