Our ward didn't have an organized Easter egg hunt this year, so Melissa (Turney) organized a neighborhood one. All the moms pitched in some eggs and we hid them at a local park. It was by far the best egg hunt my children have ever attended. No pushing or running or screaming. Everyone was pleasant and there were enough treats for all the kids.
The boys loved it. Tayden did his hunt with Hannah, helping her find all the pink eggs, while still getting a good load himself. Beckett was in the younger group and took charge of the grassy area, picking up as many as he could as fast of he could. Cache grabbed about four and as he threw one in his bucket it broke open. As soon as he saw the candy burst out of it, he sat right down in the middle of the grass and started chowing down. He had no interest in getting anymore.
Cache enjoyed carrying his bucket around most the morning. When he saw me get the camera he was more than happy to say, "NEEE" with a smile.
I have about 17 attempted pictures of getting all three boys to look at smile, so I settled on taking individuals.
Which still proved to be a hard task for Cache. They are building a house across the street and he can't get enough of the tractors.
He's huge, right? I look at him everyday with sheer amazement.
Beckett lining up his haul. I love him.
It was a fun morning with our friends. I am so grateful for the relationships I have built here. For me and for my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment