Saturday, April 12, 2014

Friday surprise

After Korbin left Friday, I willed myself to get through the next hour and a half until Scott got home. It was one of the weeks that the weekend just couldn't come fast enough. Around 5:15 I got a text that said, "you ready?". I wasn't expecting him home for at least an hour, so I was shocked to hear from him. He surprised us by coming home and hour early and kidnapping us for dinner. Such a pleasant surprise and just what I needed. We hit red robin for dinner and it was delicious. My favorite spot. Oh, and one really funny story. Beckett fell asleep in the car on the way there. When we got out of the car he was pretty out of it. Just as he was sleep walking through the parking lot a family started getting in their car. He thought the mom was me and walked over to her and hugged her bum. I tried pulling him away and he hung on to her and screamed. I told him I was his mom about five times and finally I said, "Beckett. Look at me. I'm right here". As soon as he realized what was going in he burst into tears. It was hilarious. For me. I took lots of pictures, but didn't notice the finger print on the lens until I was looking at them, so sorry they are a bit blurry. 



Cache obviously thrilled to be taking a picture. He was begging for a fry. 


Much happier. This is a classic baby C surprised face. 


Nobody was happier to have dad home early and stay up past bedtime. 



Best part about red robin is the balloons at the end. 


And then taking them home and doing magic tricks. 

Thanks for the surprise, Scott. You're one in a million. 













No comments: