Day 10 of 30: Your most embarrassing moment.
When I decided to do the 30 day blog challenge, I knew it was going to take some time--but I'm going on over a year, and only on day 10. lol Maybe that should be my most embarrassing moment.
In reality though, my most embarrassing moment is more than just a moment. Its an on going event. I feel it everyday and am plagued by its guilt and shame. Ready for it? I never graduated from college. There, I said it. I hate the fact that I dropped out. I did well in high school. I graduated with high honors, had several college credits and really enjoyed education. I had every intention of finishing college before I got married, but Scott came along and there was no way I could pass him up. I moved from Rexburg to Pocatello and transferring credits was becoming quite the headache. So I decided to take a break and go back the next fall. In the mean time I got a great job and Scott decided to go back full time. We put him through school first and just never made me going back a priority. It breaks my heart and just thinking about it makes me sick. I should have made more sacrifices. I should have listened to my mom. She told me not to stop going. But I did, and I regret it everyday. The worst part is I can feel myself losing it. I can feel myself becoming less and less smart and more and more dumb. I forget where commas go, simple math isn't so simple anymore and I don't even remember half of the periodic table. Its frustrating. Scott and I have been discussing the idea of me going back in the next few months. We have to wait and see what his schedule does, but I would love nothing more than to get my degree and finish my education. I can see why the church has counseled us to continue our education. It really is so important.
On to day 11--in another couple of months.
3 comments:
Have you heard of the Pathway program through BYU-Idaho? My friend is doing it here. There's only certain degrees available but it's worked out great for her as a stay-at-home mom. You're required to meet at the institute every Thursday night for the first year for classes and then everything else is on-line after that. It's also a ton cheaper than going to school on campus. She's doing Web Design or something like that but I know there's other degrees offered. I'm sure you could find more info on BYU-Idaho's site if you're interested :)
That is hard. I'm sure you'll get the chance to finish, if you decide to some day. But for the record, even though I did finish college I still feel myself getting more and more dumb! I think it is something that happens when you leave school--the constant learning-- whether you've walked away with a degree or not. You're smart and a fabulous mother! PS. I LOVE your front room. And I totally thought you matched your family pix on purpose and thought that was such a good idea. It looks so good. And can't believe that rug deal! Amazing.
Who the hell even cares about the periodic table? Seriously, you are one of the brightest, most caring, wonderful people I know, and you will finish your degree but your education never stopped. It's way more embarrassing that it's taken you over a year to do your thirty day challenge. ;) Commas are subjective "Why anyone can have a brain, that's a very mediocre commodity." http://youtu.be/2pWSwfVDiq8 Watch this.
Post a Comment