Since we've been home in Nevada, both Tayden and Beckett have started school.
Tayden has started preschool with 2 amazing women in my ward. He goes Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30-12:00. There are about 12 students and two teachers. They split them into groups depending on skill and one teacher does a craft pertaining to the letter and number then they switch after snack time and do the academics of it. He also gets 15 minutes one on one time to work on whatever he needs help with or whatever I feel he needs to work on. I have been so impressed with this operation and more importantly he is loving it. We supplement with workbooks every other day after breakfast and of course B has to get in on the fun.
Beckett is doing a joy school with some friends of ours. We only do it on Tuesdays from 9:30-11:00. We are rotating homes and so far it is working out wonderfully. There are five little boys doing it together, so I only have to teach once every five weeks. We are going through the alphabet and focusing on one letter a week. Its nothing too structured, mostly to give the boys some social interaction and the moms a break. Tuesdays are shaping up to be my favorite day! I was worried about B because he is the youngest of the bunch, but he is proving to be doing quite well.
Its fun seeing these boys so happy and anxious to learn. I hope I can keep that fire lit as they grow older!
Beckett is doing a joy school with some friends of ours. We only do it on Tuesdays from 9:30-11:00. We are rotating homes and so far it is working out wonderfully. There are five little boys doing it together, so I only have to teach once every five weeks. We are going through the alphabet and focusing on one letter a week. Its nothing too structured, mostly to give the boys some social interaction and the moms a break. Tuesdays are shaping up to be my favorite day! I was worried about B because he is the youngest of the bunch, but he is proving to be doing quite well.
Its fun seeing these boys so happy and anxious to learn. I hope I can keep that fire lit as they grow older!
No comments:
Post a Comment