Friday, November 8, 2013

No Place Like Home

Now, more than ever--I feel home. This house has given me the strongest sense of home I have ever felt. Its like it was meant for me. It fits our family so well. The kids are comfortable and immediately warmed up to the new place. It's funny because I thought breaking sleeping habits would be a nightmare, but as soon as we came home the peace radiated through everyone and sleep was a dream. If I could change one thing, it would be the amount of time required to set it up just how I want it. I told myself coming into it that not everything would be perfect right away and it would take time. And that's okay. That's the fun thing about owning a home is the improvement and decor and change is always revolving and really is a never ending process. So, I try to be patient and love my plain bare walls or the spots without the right furniture. But, one room is done (pretty much) and I love it. Our formal front room:

This is the first room you see walking into our house. The walls look yellowy in the this picture, but they are a tan.   

I got the awesome rug on clearance at Walmart for less  than $20.00. Talk about a steal.


My friend helped me pick out the fabric for the throw pillows. I should have taken some close ups, they really are so cute. I had to laugh when I finished sewing them and put them out on the couch because they match our family pictures. I didn't mean for that to happen, but apparently I like the blue and orange combo. Good thing, since we are BSU fans. 


 This is my favorite part about the room. A-The table! I've been wanting to make it for quite some time, but haven't had a spot for it until now. Justin helped me finish it when he came up and I could not be more pleased with it. B-The tray I made. It had a plain wood bottom that blended in with the newly finished table, so I used some glass pebbles we had sitting around and some epoxy to make a solid beaded bottom. 


It's been fun and I can't wait to get to the rest of the house. Scott and I have different tastes, so it can be a challenge pleasing the both of us--but it is a challenge I am ready to take!

Now, onto the master bedroom.
I think. 

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Looks great! Nice work.