We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. We've been preparing with all sorts of Turkey crafts and a Thanksgiving Family Home Evening.
It was our first Thanksgiving away from home, but we were able to spend it with some of our closet friends, so it was still full of love and family. Having them in our home today reminded me how blessed we are to live here and how lucky we are to be surrounded by amazing people. I am so grateful for their love and support. They are the biggest blessing of our Las Vegas adventure. I don't know what I would do without them.
It was our first Thanksgiving away from home, but we were able to spend it with some of our closet friends, so it was still full of love and family. Having them in our home today reminded me how blessed we are to live here and how lucky we are to be surrounded by amazing people. I am so grateful for their love and support. They are the biggest blessing of our Las Vegas adventure. I don't know what I would do without them.
Sheena and her 9 day old baby, Audra. Can you believe she just had a baby? She looks phenominal!
Beautiful Melissa and her sweet little Paigey.
I adore these girls and am so glad they have these gorgeous daughters for me to love!
Dinner was delicious! Complete with some of the best turkey I have ever had, (Thank you Melissa Turney) and the most amazing rolls and copy cat Texas Roadhouse cimmamon butter ever (Sheena Perry...it was magical)! We split up food assignments between the three families that were able to attend, and I was in charge of mashed potatoes and pies.
My mom and I always laugh that when we take on something new, we don't start with the easy stuff, we go all out. I get it from her. For example, the first time I ever really sewed I wanted to make curtains. Simple enough, until I had to add stripes to the bottom and a scrunched hem at the top. I didn't even know how to thread a sewing machine, but by golly, I was going to sew me some curtains! Same with the pies. I've never made pies and instead of just making one easy one--I decided to make four! My mother in law taught me how to make pumpkin pie when she was here a few weeks back, so I felt pretty good about cooking those. I made a chocolate pudding pie that was cake to make. And I also made an apple pie. I've never made an apple pie in my life or really ever eaten apple pie, but it looked fun so I gave it a go. I made a lattice top, which didn't end up in disaster, so I'll count it as a success. One minor, kind of major, problem was the amount of apples. I didn't realize they cooked down so much, so my pie kind of deflated. But other than that it looked okay and tasted fantastic!
Scott and Adam didn't know how to carve the turkey, but with a little help from you tube they figured it out. And I am so glad, because as I mentioned before...the turkey was yummy!
My favorite part of the day came after dinner.
Today is also my husbands birthday. It was a special day to share with him and was a great reminder just how lucky I am to have him in my life. I know we tease a lot and don't always see eye to eye, but he is my best friend. I love him more than words can explain. He's my rock and brings me more happiness than I knew was possible. I love him. So much.
Scott and Adam didn't know how to carve the turkey, but with a little help from you tube they figured it out. And I am so glad, because as I mentioned before...the turkey was yummy!
The kids also enjoy each others company, most of the time. Haha. We have some of the cutest kids around and we have the pictures to prove it!
Today is also my husbands birthday. It was a special day to share with him and was a great reminder just how lucky I am to have him in my life. I know we tease a lot and don't always see eye to eye, but he is my best friend. I love him more than words can explain. He's my rock and brings me more happiness than I knew was possible. I love him. So much.
His kids love him so much too! Tayden picked out a special firetruck and card for Scotts birthday and was so excited to give it to him this morning. He is such a great and fun dad. He spent the morning playing racing the new firetruck and playing basketball with the boys. I am so blessed.
I couldn't have asked for a better day. It was awesome and full of happiness. I'm so grateful for all of my many blessings and even more grateful I have wonderful people in my life to share them with.


2 comments:
Thanks again for inviting us! The food was very good and I am enjoying your apple pie right now...I loved it! We are so thankful to have great friends like you guys!
Happy belated birthday Scott!
Post a Comment