I love this sweet little sleeping face...
...but don't let it fool you.
Beckett is the sweetest little boy. Really, he is. He is a challenge for sure, always getting in stuff, climbing everywhere, fighting with his brother and so on--but none the less is so sweet. However, this sweet boy has taken on a not so sweet habit.
Beckett hates being in a dirty diaper. Really hates it. He despises it so much, he has taken it upon himself to take it off. He'll tell you he is stinky and you have about .7 seconds to get to him and if you don't then the mess gets a whole lot worse. Lately, he has been doing his business during nap. Then, he takes his diaper off and the poo gets everywhere. I have done no less than 5 loads of dirty laundry this week because of this nasty little habit.
I was super fed up with it and when it happened again yesterday, I drew the line. I know he's not trying to be naughty, but he needs to know that it is naughty, so I put him in a cold shower. He has never showered before, so that in itself freaked him out. But the cold water, that sent him over the top. He did not enjoy it one bit and it broke my heart to see him in such anguish. I am really hoping that it sunk in, because I don't think I can handle another cold shower episode.
After the shower he finished his nap on our bed. All the crying really wore him out.
As well as taking off his diaper after he poos, he has been taking off his diaper before he pees. He'll take it off and potty where ever he happens to be. I feel like I am cleaning up after him all day long. Its exhausting. I know he is ready to potty train, but with Scotts schedule and a newborn--the thought of it really is daunting. I know he can do it though, because my mom worked with him while she was here and he caught on quick. I am just going to have to buck it up and do it.
But this sweet little cheeser should make it a little easier.
Wish me luck.
3 comments:
Good luck! What a mess, sounds like you don't have much choice but to potty train, bummer.
Good luck!! That sounds rough, but sounds like he might be ready. If it's successful you only have one bum to change, and that would be nice I'm sure!!
You can do it!!!
Post a Comment