Yesterday marks 3 weeks since the birth of our sweet baby Cache.
Its been great having him home. He is so sweet and content. Baby C is leaving the super sleepy newborn stage and is spending more time awake. Its fun, but now we are readjusting schedules to try to make things work for everyone. We're making it though. Much better than I anticipated. I have the two nappers, B and C, napping at the same time and bedtime is getting easier. Cache is sleeping great. He wakes up twice a night to eat and then goes right back down. Last night he gave me a solid 5 hours. Honestly, now that he is out of my belly I am sleeping much better.
He is growing like a weed, too! We redneck weighed him today. You know when you stand on the scale with him and then stand on it without him and do the math. Anyway, he weighed in at 9 lbs. We'll see how true that stands at the doctor next week, but I think its pretty close. I've already had to put away a fair share of newborn clothes and bought size 1 diapers for the little pooper.
He really is fantastic. I love him so much. It blows my mind.
So, in honor of him (or the fact that I haven't been grocery shopping all week) we hit In-N-Out for dinner.
A funny story about dinner. I have yet to pack a diaper bag. I know, I know. He is 3 weeks old and I don't have a diaper bag. Lame mom. Anyway, this means I don't have a nursing cover, a change of clothes, a pacifier, diapers and wipes, and so on, ready to go. When I leave the house, instead of grabbing a bag and going, I have to grab the things I think we'll need depending on how long we'll be gone and the time we are going.
Last night, I didn't anticipate on being gone so long. It was rather warm and all I grabbed was a thin receiving blanket, some diapers and wipes (that we keep in the car) and a pacifier. It was dinner time and we decided to grab a burger on the way home. I was going to feed C real quick in the car since it was his dinner time too and then we would go in to eat. Here lays the first problem. No nursing cover. No big deal, I'd use his blanket. I use blankets all the time. Full size blankets though, not an itty bitty receiving blanket the size of a dish towel. Oh well, I made it work with a little adjusting. Until Cache messed through his diaper. Clear through his clothes and blanket and onto my pants. Fantastic. Now, the only blanket we had for him was wet and we didn't have a change of clothes. Nice. We told Tayden that we were going to have to get the food to go and he was heart broken. We decided we would just have to make things work, so we could keep our promise to the boys and go out to eat. Thankfully the blanket dried rather quickly and we folded his onsie up so the wet wasn't touching Cache's skin. We got him in a clean diaper and bundled him up. Half way through dinner he wasn't having his carseat anymore, so I pulled him out and tucked him in my cardigan and finished my dinner. It was awesome..ish.
I had to laugh. 3rd time parents are much less prepared, but much more relaxed. At least for us. Moral of this long winded story...Pack a stinking diaper bag!
We love this little man. I am grateful for him and grateful the two older boys have taken to him so well. Every time he cries, they come running. They can't wait to hold him and are eager to help. Life with 3 boys has been easier than I imagined. We still aren't to normal yet, but we are getting there.
Feeling blessed.






1 comment:
What a cute lil fam! I have to say, You hair is soooo pretty and long! I cant remember the last time it was like that...your wedding?! You lookin' good for having a newborn;)
Post a Comment