Scott was going through his phone and found some pictures I forgot to post. When his mom was here a few weeks ago and we spent one evening at the Las Vegas temple. Its about 30-40 minutes away, so we don't get there with the kids as much as I'd like. I don't know what it was about that day, whether it was having Grandma in town or the newness of the baby, but the two older boys were wild. We tried to take some nice pictures, but as you can tell by most of the shots...they were being crazy and way to busy to smile nicely.
I was getting frustrated with the whole experience and we decided it was time to pack it up and head to dinner. As we were walking to the car, Tayden announced he had to go potty. I took him over to the visitor center, but they didn't have a bathroom. They directed me to the lobby of the temple, where they had a restroom. I was totally nervous because of how he was acting outside and felt odd walking into the temple in street clothes. As we walked up to the door I talked to him about reverence, respect and how we need to be quiet in the House of the Lord. And here comes one the most precious moments I have ever shared with my sweet little Tayden.
We walked in the door hand in hand and were immediately overcome with the spirit. I looked down at Tayden and smiled. He smiled back and squeezed my hand. We walked, well I walked and he tip toed, to the bathroom. When he was finished we passed a huge painting of Christ teaching the people. Tayden stopped and stared at it, so I knelt down and whispered in his ear about Jesus and how he was teaching the people. I explained how we can learn things while we are at the temple and how we feel the spirit. I asked him if it felt good to be inside the temple and he said, "Yes. It feels good in my heart." and he put his hand to his chest. Tears filled my eyes and I was completely overcome with emotion. I knew he was feeling the influence of the spirit. I could see in that moment why we are instructed to be as little children. As I stood by him I saw purity, love, hope and all things good. I thought about the eternity of families and how grateful I am for that knowledge. I could have stayed in that lobby with Tayden forever, soaking up his sweet spirit.
I'll cherish that memory forever.
I am so grateful for temples and the ordinances that take place there.
I am so grateful for the everlasting peace and spirit they have.
And I am so grateful I was able to share that with Tayden.







1 comment:
That is a precious memory! I live for those kind of moments. I hope your coming to poky soon...I am dying to meet Cache!
Post a Comment