Thursday, June 16, 2011

Loving Las Vegas

One reason, among many, I love Las Vegas so far:
The new library down the road and the summer reading program.

For every book Tayden reads, he gets to color a duck. After 6 ducks, he gets a rubber ducky. After 12 ducks, he gets board book.
He is loving it. I am loving it. Every night after Beckett goes to bed, T picks a new library book, cuddles in my lap and we read. We had a pretty good routine of this pre-Beckett, but it started to diminish after he was born. I can't even begin to tell you how happy it makes me to read at night with him again. We read during the day, but it isn't the same. At night, it is just Tayden and Mommy time and I can be 100% devoted to him. We only have to read 1 to color a duck, but we normally end up reading 5 or 6. Bonus for me, I could cuddle that boy all day if he'd let me. Then he colors his duck, shows his dad and he is off to brush his teeth and get PJ's on.

It's been a really fun thing to share with him and a good excuse to get back into the routine of 1 on 1 reading. So, thank you Windmill Library for giving me one more reason to love Vegas and making the move a little easier.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

reading= snuggling time= the best time ever! Glad vegas is treating u well. I might have to stow-away in yur car and go home with u next time u come to town. Jealous of your options for fun family activities!!

Unknown said...

The library programs there are wonderful!!!! What a great time for you to get time alone with Tayden. We are going to call you the next time we come down that way.

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

They have that kind of thing up here in Rexburg, too. Kaden loves loves books too!! What a great time to spend just one on one!