Monday, August 3, 2009

Tayden's Latest Checkup


*(I couldn't decide between the two. You know me, I had to post them both!)

My baby is growing up! I can't believe Tayden has hit the 6 month mark already. It is scary to think how quickly time has flown, and in that time doubled he will be a YEAR! Nuts. This is definitely my favorite stage so far. He is interactive and into everything. He has figured out how to use his super long arms to grab all he can get his little hands on. He laughs all the time and talks even more. He is rolling over and working on crawling. (Hopefully that is a few months away.) He loves his daddy, but can't get enough of his mommy...my favorite! He has two teeth! He knows his name and Tanners too. He is nice enough to let me sleep 9 hours a night. Ah, he is just the funnest little boy I know. I absolutely made the right choice staying home.

***

We went to the doctor today for his 6 month check up. Everything is perfect. Tayden is a big boy weighing in at 20 pounds ( I think he is finally slowing down a little bit) and 27 3/4 inches. That is the 90th percentile for everything. Head included. I think the doctor used the word 'stout' to describe him. He did really well during the shots and only cried a little. After they were over he put his head on my shoulder and gave a few little shutter sighs. In that moment an overwhelming sense of motherhood came over me. That is the best word I can use to describe it. Its an emotion full of love, protection, gratitude, happiness, strength, pride, humility. Its the craziest thing ever. To say I love him is not enough. Through out the day he did great. He was his regular happy self and went to bed without a fight.

***

I'll say it again. I can't believe it. Time has gone so quickly. When he was younger I wanted nothing more than for him to grow up. Now it is happening by leaps and bounds and I can't do anything to stop it. I have to cherish everyday and enjoy the memories we are making. I can't wait to see what is in store for us over the next 6 months!


4 comments:

Erin_C said...

I can't believe he is already 6 months old! That freaks me out! Our babies are going to be starting kindergarden before we know it . . . ha ha

Collin, Traci, Cam, and Alyssa said...

Would Tayden mind coming and teaching my little boy how to grow? We're still waiting for the 20 lb. mark! He's to cute in those pics, his eyes look so blue..the little girls are gonna need to watch out for him.

Amanda said...

those are beautiful pics! maybe i should just pay you to take our family pictures! Thats funny hanna's weight and height was the exact same at her 15 mo. checkup a couple weeks ago! We need to get together. Are you busy tomorrow?

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

Wow- I can't believe how big he is! And so cute! That is such a fun stage right now. Enjoy it!!