Friday, August 21, 2009

My Bright Idea!

The other day I went around the house and made a list of everything I wanted to change. Mostly, because I am a major list maker and the more lists I have the less stressed I am. Don't get me wrong, I love my house, there are just a few little adjustments that I want to make. Like anyone else, home improvement is a never ending process. Which I don't mind. Anyway, the list includes everything from repainting a corner to replacing the cabinets. I know the bigger stuff is going to have to wait (most likely for quite a while...and that is if it even gets done), so I have settled for the free and cheap fixes first. I have reorganized some of my stress areas such as the bathroom cabinet and hall closet, but here is my first project.

We have matching lamps through out the house. I don't love them as much as I used too, so I decided it was time for a change. I redid the one in Taydens room first. It doesn't match the decor of the rest of his room and kind of sticks out. I didn't take a before picture of the actual lamp, but this is one in our front room. It looks the same, just bigger.


Before

After

I covered in ribbon. It matches his room better and is more personalized then the rest. I am going to try to find a round ball shaped base, but this one will do for now. After having done it, there are a few things I would have done different. But, I think for a first timer, it turned out cute.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That lamp turned out way cute! I love it. And I'm glad I'm not the only freaky list maker in the world! I have everything on a list, and I do mean everything :]

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

So cute~ Kaden needs a lamp in his room.. you need to teach me! Also- what are you doing for your birthday?? I was thinking we should all go to lunch, unless you already have plans and we could do it another day.. let me know!

Echo said...

look at you little mrs.crafty! CUTE!

Dani said...

I am finally starting to understand all the 'home improvements' ...and how much money and time they all take! I like your idea for a list and starting with the free and easier stuff!
...however, I am just no where near as creative as you!! Way to go! :)