Friday, October 18, 2019

First Deer

Last Monday Scott was trying to decide if he wanted to take Tayden hunting or not. The dilemma wasn’t in missing school (although I made it very clear all makeup work would be done before privileges) it was in football practice. It was the week of playoffs and Tayden simply couldn’t miss, which meant they would only go for the morning. Scott hemmed and hawed about what to do, but last minute (like 11pm) decided to take him. While Scott loaded the truck, I gather clothes and tayden slept soundly in his bed unaware of the surprise that waited for him in the morning. 

It turned out to be the right choice. Not only did they get to spend the morning together in the mountains, Tayden got his first deer. The week prior he shot a deer, but they couldn’t track it and it ended up getting away. This time, they found it and he could not have been any happier. 








I’m grateful for the jerky this deer will provide. And I’m grateful for the skill Tayden is learning. But most of all, I’m grateful for the memories he gets to make with his dad! 

No comments: