Wednesday, August 3, 2016

To My Husband

Today, I miss you more than normal. I miss you everyday, the minute you walk out the door I wish you'd come back. But today, I miss you more. I've been thinking about the past year and how hard it has been. I think we'd both agree that our marriage is not perfect and this year has tried us. We've had disagreements, arguments, parenting differences, personality clashes and flat out grumpy days. There have been times that we haven't been able to see eye to eye and forget being on the same page, we were in completely different books. I haven't been easy. I've pushed you to your limits and asked for things that are impossible to give. I have been impatient, unkind and hard to love. And I'm sorry for that. 

But today, all I can think of is our triumphs. That through the thick of it, we came out ahead. We won. Together. We stood by each other and never ever ever gave up on one another. Because over the past ten years, we have become one. We have become a team. And without you, there is no me. Through all of your trivial (and some not so much) trials, I've loved you with a deeper appreciation than before. Our marriage has always been our priority. We have learned to communicate better, laugh when we want to yell and love through all of it. I am so proud of us. 

To say I am grateful you are my life partner, is hardly scratching the surface. To know you are by my side for all eternity, is the greatest blessing I will ever know. You are my security. I have never known a reason to doubt you and I know I never will. You and me are the real deal. Our marriage is honest, and true. And even when its hard, really really hard...I know we'll get through it, just like we have before. 

I love you, Scott. You make me better, my faith stronger and my love deeper. The young love that started the moment I laid eyes on you, has grown into a love that runs through my veins and is a part of me. Our love is a living, breathing part of me.  Not many people know unconditional love and I count my lucky stars that I know it with you. 

No comments: