Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Lagoon

We spent the past weekend in Utah with family enjoying Lagoon, Nickle Cade, Pizza, a Conference Center Tour and each other. It was three long days of late bedtimes, early mornings and exhausting fun. Now that we have finally recovered enough from it, I can blog about it.

We spent Friday evening at Lagoon and boy was it fun. Cache wasn't too thrilled with it to start, but once he got the hang of it, he loved it it. It helped that my brother basically took Cache duty and took him everywhere and on every ride possible insuring he had a good time. To say my kids love Uncle Justin, is a huge understatement. Beckett did pretty well and rode what he could. But Tayden, he was my brave rider. No surprise there. He rode anything and everything we threw at him. A few minutes before close, Scott agreed to take him on one last big kid ride at the other end of the park. Turns out there weren't any lines at that end and he and Scott went on four of the big adult rides. They were both in adrenaline heaven. 

He first ride. Cache was screaming his head off during this picture. 


I LOVE Becketts face. He was having the time of his life. 

Phone-Jacked 


We checked into the hotel around midnight and crashed to bed. The kids woke up entirely too early and were pretty crabby. Especially Kyle. I demanded a mandatory nap at 10:30 for everyone and after an hour worth of crying and boo hooing, we gave up. Scott and I decided to put on the best faces we could and got ready, vowing we would try to have more patience and fun for the rest of the day. We met up with my family at Nickle Cade (and arcade where all the games are a nickle) and went out to pizza. We capped off the night with a little family swim and headed to bed...again way too late. 


The kids fell asleep as we drove back to the hotel from lunch. They really needed the extra sleep, so we hung out in the car while they slept. 

Beckett woke up as we were taking pictures and decided he needed one too. 


Kyle thought this incline on the soccer game was a slide. He kept going down over and over again. 

Sunday rolled around and we weren't ready to say goodbye to our Texas cousins, so we went to SLC and toured the conference center. It was really fun and a great Sabbath activity. We hit Red Robin for lunch, not such a great Sabbath activity, and said our goodbyes. Its always the hardest part of the summer. I look forward to seeing Justin, Echo and the kids all year and it comes and goes too quickly. I always shed more than a couple tears saying goodbye to them and this year was no different. I tried to hold it together as long as I could, but walking away I broke down. He came and gave me one last hug and said, "I'm proud of you, kid.". Those are my favorite words. 

This is my favorite picture. If Ky had been looking, it would have been totally perfect. 


Typical Kyle. 

Cache was never far from Uncle Justin. 

Neither was Beckett. 


Grandkids oldest to youngest. Coda, Gracie, Tayden, Beckett, Cache and Kyle. 

It was a great weekend and I miss them already.  

No comments: