Thursday, August 25, 2016

A New Decade

Yesterday was a big day for me. I turned the big 3-0! Actually, it's really no big deal. It feels no different than a couple of days ago, but let me tell you what...the day was phenomenal. The people in my life went above and beyond to make me feel special. I was greeted with birthday wishes from my sons as soon as I woke up. Then, my phone started going of the hook with texts messages, phone calls and Facebook well wishes. It was a great start. 

Later in the day I had lunch with my friends at Jodie's house. We had cafe rio, the kids had pizza and Jodie even baked cupcakes. After everyone sang Happy Birthday, we headed home. We walked in the door, laid ky down and noticed my room door was shut. Which I don't normally do. Curiously, I opened it and found my bed full of balloons. Jodie and Heather filled 30 balloons with little notes and messages about why they love me. I cried in gratitude. It's an amazing thing to have such great friends to point out such good things. 



My sister came and hang out the rest of the day. Then Scott came home and took me out for a date while my sister, parents and grandma watched the kids. It was a great day full of love and I feel so grateful to be a part of such a great group of people. 

I think 30 is going to be great. 


No comments: