Saturday, May 12, 2012

Meet The Parents


Day 3 of 30: Describe your relationship with your parents.

My mom and dad are awesome. They are my biggest supporters and the best examples I could ask for. They raised me to be a strong, smart and independent person. They taught me right from wrong. From them, I gained my testimony. They showed me the power of unconditional love and taught me the greatest eternal lessons.

So, where does that leave our relationship today. Lets break it down.

My Dad. I look up to my dad more than words can say. I go to him for advice on most major decisions. When I don’t go to him, it’s because I’ve asked myself what he would do – then 9/10 times I do it. My dad and I have always been able to talk on a deeper level and carry on an actual conversation. Some of my favorite memories with my dad are after church sitting at the kitchen table. Talking about life, doctrine, inventions…anything really. I’m lucky I still have that relationship and trust with my dad. You never know how much a person has impacted your life until you don’t see them daily. I’m so much like him. I see the good qualities from him in me. I appreciate that more than I think I will ever truly be able to tell him.

My Mom. My mom is my best friend, aside from my husband. I talk to her on a (mostly) daily basis. I call her for everything. Seriously everything. How hot to turn the oven on. Situations with my children. Crying over the hardships of life. Just to chat. Sometimes, just to hear her voice because I miss her. We have always been good friends. We used to go run errands together after school. I would tell her everything about my day and my life. She knew exactly what was happening and was always interested and took the time to listen. That has carried on today. Even with me living 9 hours away, she knows almost every aspect of my life. She has never stopped listening to me and knows me better than anyone else. I would be lost without my mom.

I am so grateful to have the relationship with my parents that I do. They are the coolest people I know and I thank Heavenly Father everyday for sending me to their family. They are incredible parents and I hope I can be the person they taught me to be.

Love You Mom and Dad.

No comments: