Friday, September 2, 2011

Noodles and Bears

As mentioned in a previous post, I have a new goal to do something new with Tayden everyday. T is loving our new craft hour. Beckett lays down in the morning and Tayden and I do a special activity. Its helped with his attitude and behavior immensely, not to mention he flat out loves it. I think he enjoys the extra attention and the one on one time.

A few days ago we painted a milk carton, made a construction paper funnel and filled it with small noodles. Yes, in his unders again!

The intent was to make a shaker, but we ended up playing a game with it instead. Tayden has had a WILD imagination the past few weeks. (I don't think we can open up any door in the house without finding a snake or whale.) He was pretending the noodles were hiding in their home, the milk carton, from the bears. He kept telling them, "Go home noodles! Hurry hide! The bear is coming!" And if any fell on the floor, he would jump off his chair to rescue them, "Phew, got ya!" It was hilarious to watch. I love his little 2 year old mind. So we played with the noodles and bears...and played, and played, and played.

Today, we made sidewalk chalk paint and painted the sidewalk. When that ran out, we just painted with water. It was a smashing hit.

Tomorrow, painting project with Dad.

I love making this little boy happy.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That looks super fun! Have you discovered toddlerboredombusters.blogspot.com? It's an awesome site with all sorts of activities. :)