Saturday, January 30, 2010

Feeling Grateful

I have been feeling extremely grateful lately. Grateful for the physical things in my life, thankful for the guidance of my Heavenly Father and ever so blessed for my wonderfully beautiful family. I like to take a step back and look at life from a different perspective, and I can't help but feel favored of the Lord. We have a comfortable home that provides us safety and peace from the outside world. It is a place of learning for my son and the home where we started our family. I will always hold our little starter home close to my heart. We have two reliable cars. My great grandpa once told me in the sincerest voice how lucky we are to actually have two cars. I have never forgot that comment and ponder it often. We have all the amenities of life and some of the luxuries too. After Scott decided to go back to school, we had to change our lifestyle dramatically. We no longer could do what we pleased when we pleased, but had to budget and practice some self control. Even with all of the changes we made, we could have never done it alone. We have been extremely blessed to be led by the Lord in which direction to lead our lives. Because we have followed his counsel, I have been able to stay home, Scott has been able to concentrate on school and we have been able to maintain family time together. I have no doubt our faith has played a major part in situation. It is because of our faith that we are where we are and that we have each other. I love my family more than anything. I loved Scott from the moment I first met him (true story) and it grows everyday. When I see him studying so diligently, my heart swells with pride. He is working so hard to provide for our family and insuring that we have a secure future. Even with a full schedule of school he makes time to work on the side and always saves time for his family and extremely needy wife. I am so lucky to have him. Speaking of lucky...I constantly think how lucky I must be to have Tayden in my life. He is amazing. I can not even think of words to express how much I love being his mom. I wake up everyday to this wonderful little boy who showers me with kisses and makes me laugh. I am in awe of his constant learning and achievements and thank the Lord he allowed me to raise his son. I am grateful for parents that taught us the truth of temples. Because of those truths I have my boys with me forever. I am so blessed. So very very blessed!

1 comment:

Echo said...

Amen sista'! Wonderful testimony. We love you and are so proud of you and Scott and the faith you both have in our Heavenly Father and in our Savior. Keep feeind the faith! Love you