Our trip to Utah was dual purpose. On our way home from the Christmas concert, we made a quick detour in Utah, and picked up another goldendoodle puppy! When it became evident that Tanner wasn't going to make it, Scott and I started discussing the idea of getting another dog. We knew we wanted another one, but were still determining if we wanted one right away or wait until summer. After a couple of days of contemplating, Scott suggested we do it over Christmas break. It would ease the pain of losing Tanner and give the kids three solid weeks of bonding with the new puppy. I had already found the perfect dog and been in contact with the breeder so he didn't take much to convince me. In fact, it didn't take any convincing at all. I was all in.
We grabbed the puppy in Utah and brought him home to surprise the kiddos. We told them we brought home a souvenir from the concert and handed out empty boxes. While they were distracted trying to open the well-taped boxes, Scott let the puppy in the house. As he walked in the door, complete disbelief overtook the boys. They were completely shocked and so incredibly happy. It was the best moment.
I wanted to name our sweet new puppy Benny, meaning healer of hearts. However, I got outvoted. As soon as we started talking about names, Beckett asked what the word for the sun was in Spanish. Scott told them it was "sol" and Tayden suggested "Sully" and all the boys immediately started shouting, "Yes!! Sully!" and it was over. I anticipated a little bit of arguing when it came to names, but they all instantly agreed. So now, we have a Spanish sun and moon.
We have loved having Sully. Honestly, he has been a dream. He learned how to use the doggie door in the first two days and slept through the night from the very first day. He is extremely cuddly and loves to be with his people. He sticks close when we are outside and doesn't run away unless he sees another person. Perhaps the best part has been watching him with Luna. They took to each other much faster than we expected and it's been so fun. They are just the best of friends. They get along so well and spend the day playing. When we get Sully out of his kennel in the morning, Luna is right there to greet him and he follows her around the house. Honestly, I don't think Luna has ever been happier.
Things might get a little crazy having two big dogs, but man are we excited for the adventure. This was the right move, no doubt.


No comments:
Post a Comment