Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Christmas at Home

 After doing our Christmas parties with our extended families, it was time for Christmas at home. Christmas fell on a Sunday this year, which is always my favorite. We chose to open gifts after our Sunday services, and the kids did great. In fact, I had to take my parents to the airport (they were headed to Texas) after church and didn't get home until about 1:00. They were so patient waiting and I was so proud of them for putting Christ first on Christmas. If anything, I hope as a parent I can teach them to always put Christ first. 

We hit it out of the park for gifts this year. I stuck to their list and didn't get any filler or unnecessary gifts. They were all so pleased with what they got and so grateful. It was a fun and exciting afternoon with the kids. 

I am so grateful for the Christmas season. While we should always have Christ in our hearts, Christmas helps us refocus. It's a beautiful time to celebrate with friends and family and remember the greatest gift of all, the baby born long ago. 






















       

No comments: