My kids principal died in a tragic accident last weekend. I’ve been so touched as the community has rallied around his family and the students and staff of Woodland Hills. My kids have seen and felt the love during this difficult time and wanted to do something kind to help during the funeral today. They decided to put flowers on the cars of the people attending the services.
After we picked up the flowers the plan was to go grab some lunch. The line was too long to wait and eat, so I decided to do the flowers first and eat second. The boys were less than thrilled. But as I talked to them about putting others first and our needs second, they relunctently agreed. However, as soon as we got going their attitudes changed and the good they were doing made them feel good. They were so happy to be helping.
I am so proud of them and their willingness to serve and honor a man they loved in their own small way. I’m grateful to live in this community and be surrounded by great people. I’m so blessed to know the good of this world.
No comments:
Post a Comment