Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day

This Memorial Day was great. We took the opportunity to talk about the meaning of the holiday with the kids when we saw The Flags in Idaho Falls. There were 1000 flags set up in remembrance of fallen soldiers. It was incredible. While at the park we looked at the river, had sword fights and rolled down the hill. It was so fun!












Memorial Day also meant work. Lots and lots of work. Scott continued to work on the shed while I planted trees! We are in full swing of projects and its really exciting. I really really love my trees. Scott also gave Tayden his first lawn mowing lesson. Tayden thought it was awesome...we'll see how he feels about it in a couple of years. Cache was busy racking, Kyle just ran around naked and Beckett helped with the wheel barrow. I love working together as a family in the summer evenings.











We finished the night of with a water fight in the front yard with our neighbors. I didn't take any pictures of it as I was too busy laughing and trying to stay dry. But it was the perfect taste of summer. The boys have their last week of school this week and then we are full time summer and I can't wait!!

No comments: