Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Wonderful Weekend

We had another great weekend! I know, its a few days late to post about the weekend, but we are in full force baseball season, people! Tayden, Beckett and Cache are all playing on different teams. That means we have 5 practices a week and soon to add six games. More about that later, but June is going to be busy busy. So while I have minute, I want to talk about our awesome weekend.

Friday night we had our ward camp out. We opted out of camping, but went up for dinner. It was held at Camp Cumorah and was beautiful. I was banking on the kids napping on the drive up, but it was so close to the windmills and there was so much to look at that a nap was out of the question. The dinner was great and it was wonderful to be up in the mountains with friends. But I have to say the highlight of the trip was the kayaking. The boys loved it. Kyle knew exactly what was going on and was begging for a boat ride. Scott indulged him and our sweet baby was in heaven. It was such an enjoyable evening.





Saturday started with the sun. Scott got up early and started to lay sod and Ky decided to join in. Kyle has a special love for his daddy and shovels, so I couldn't help but smile as I watched them dig together.




Scott spent the rest of the day building a shed (more on that later) while the kids and I hung out. The evening rolled around and I decided to take the kids to the monster truck show. Since Scott was busy working, he met us there a little later. It was so much fun and the kids thoroughly enjoyed it. Kyle kept clapping in awe and yelling, "Go Monster Trucks!" It was so cute. It got a little chilly, but we surprisingly made it through the whole show. Its fun to have boys and take them to do special fun boy adventures. 




Sunday was more for me. I had a great Relief Society that has really left me pondering. So many times I have heard about the seasons of life. That sometimes there are things that we want to do, but can't because of the season of our life. For example, I would love to go to the temple more often, but because of my season of life with little kids, its harder for me to go. I found myself using that as a crutch and an excuse at times, saying, "when they grow up a little then....fill in the blank...will happen". But after Sunday, I realized that needs to change. I understand that there are things I can't do, but there are more things that I can. I have a deep yearning to understand more of the gospel and to be well versed in the doctrines we believe. I want to have a better knowledge of the scriptures. I want to have the light that I see burn in others. But, I have not pushed myself to become so...saying that its too hard right now or I have too much to do. So today, I am becoming accountable, to be more and to do more. It won't be easy, but it is possible. It will take a change of routine and I'll have to learn to be more flexible. There are things that I can do to better myself. Even if it is 10 more minutes of scripture study a day. I crave the companionship of the spirit more often and I hope that my new resolution will allow me to find ways to draw closer to it. 

It was a wonderful weekend. Truly, one for the books.  


No comments: