The kids and I went down to check it out one last time. My kids were hungry and parents had taken most of the food out of the house. My mom had one watermelon left, but not knife. So, she went all caveman and smashed it open. My two little boys were in fruit heaven.
Look how filthy caches knees are! He spilled something on his clothes, stripped down and then played in the uhaul most the afternoon. He was happy, so I was happy.
I love the way Kyles nose is smashed into the watermelon.
I really wanted a nice picture in front of the house, but what can you expect with a seven year old photographer.
Not picturesque by any means, but I'll take what I can get.
This old house holds many memories for me. I'll miss the creaky step heading to the basement, the sink that overlooks the backyard and the way sun shone in through the middle window every morning warming up the perfect patch of carpet. It was a great place to be raised and will always hold a special place in my heart.



1 comment:
Lots of memories in that house, Stace!! I can't even imagine how hard that would be. But excited for them and their next adventure!
Post a Comment