Day 5 of 30: List 5 That Make You Happy Now.
(I know, I know. It's going to take a year to get through this list if I keep going at the rate. But mark my words, I will complete the list.)
1. My children. Specifically watching them grow and learn new skills. Today Beckett went poo on the potty for the first time. It was so exciting. Tayden and I cheered and clapped and made a huge deal of it-- all the while Beckett sat beaming in pride. Tayden is developing quite the sense of humor. He has always been silly, but is now doing it on purpose. As we drove home from the store I asked him what he wanted to eat for lunch. He started naming all the things he saw outside and made them into a sandwich. Example: A mountain sandwich. Or, much to my dismay, uses "poopy diaper" in many of his jokes. What should we name the baby? Poopy Diaper Shark Boy. What do you want to eat? Poopy Diaper Sandwich. Whats in your hand? Poopy Diaper money. Drives me nuts, but he thinks he is hilarious. I love watching them grow and develop through each stage. They are getting so big.
2. Feeling Baby Boy 3 move. With all the stress of this pregnancy, it is so great to feel this little miracle. I love to sit still on the couch or lay in bed, put my hand on my belly and just breath in this little boy. It reminds me that there is a plan and purpose in all things.
3. My sense of accomplishment as of late. Scott has started working long, long hours. He leaves about 15 minutes before the boys wake up and gets home about an hour after they go to bed. So I literally have them by myself the whole day for the whole work week. We knew this day of lots of work was coming, so I have been preparing for it for a while. Dreading also, but preparing. Now that it is here and I find myself actually being able to handle it, I have a great sense of pride in myself. In a single day I find myself feeding them, changing diapers, playing on the floor, cleaning the house, doing laundry, breaking up fights, cooking dinner, doing our extracurricular activities, running and chasing with them, and so on and so forth. Then bedtime rolls around and we do prayers and scriptures and off to bed. I am exhausted at the end of the day, but am happy with myself. This has been the hardest I have ever worked in my life and while I would trade it for my husband any day--I still feel pride.
4. My husband. Just having him sit on the couch across from me makes me happy. His presence in the house is unmatched. I love listening to him play with my kids and laugh. I love watching him make a sandwich for lunch. After having him gone so much--its a pure pleasure having him near me.
5. My sparkling toes. My mom and I got a pedicure when she was here. I love having freshly painted toes and I can't help but smile when they shine in the sun.
1 comment:
Oh.my.word!!!! My kids use the "poopy diaper" jokes too! It makes me batty! Glad to know its not just my kids. Your family is adorable Stacey. Tayden has the sweetest smile and I could just love on Beckett. He seems so sweet.
Post a Comment