Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tan Tan

Meet Tanner


Sweetest dog you ever did see. We've had Tan for about 5 years now. As much as we complain about the 'dumb dog' we really do love him. He's getting older and as sad as it is...he's not going to be here forever. So, I would like to write a little bit about him. Especially for my boys. Since I print individual copies for them of the blog. I want them to remember their first childhood pet.

Tanner is a happy little dog. This dog seriously smiles when he is happy and tries to talk to us on a daily basis. He is getting a bit cranky in his old age, but for the most part is very tolerant of the shenanigans the kids put him through. 

He is a yapper. He was always quiet while we lived in apartments, but once we got into a house, I let it get out of control. It made me feel safe because nobody could get near the house without me knowing. I still stand my ground that I don't mind the barking, even more so since Scott works so much. It gets a tad old when the kids are napping, but I don't know that'd I change it.

Tan Man is smart. He catches on to things really quickly. He took a day to potty train. He knows when we're talking about him. If he's done something naughty, he tries to be super lovable until your not mad. He knows how to work the system.

Tanner loves to play. Tayden is at a great age to play with him. They chase each other, play ball and wrestle around. Beckett on the other hand...that's still a different story.

We get so many compliments on him. We've had people ask if he's part fox or a little husky. They always think he's a puppy. He gets more comments when we are out going for a walk then my adorable kids. Okay, not true..but pretty close.

He is my dog. Scott likes him too, but he's mine. He sits with me, follows me around, it ultra protective of me. The whole works. I didn't mean for that to happen, but some where along the lines it did. 

If we let his hair grow out to long he gets naughty and sulky. Once we get it cut--he acts like a whole new dog. We even had our trainer comment on the same thing. 

He broke his leg the second Christmas we had him. Jumped out of my arms and landed in a shoe. Most expensive vet bill I have ever seen. 

It's incredible the amount of unconditional love a dog can give you. He is extremely loyal and loving to our family. I tell Scott all the time I will never get another dog, but in all honestly- we'll probably be dog family for the rest of our lives. 

Tanner is good boy. 
We love him.
Thanks Tan Tan for being the best little dog ever.




1 comment:

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

I remember when you guys got him. He was so quiet, we never knew he was there! I think it's great to havea childhood pet. Your kids will remember him forever! Remember Bo and Willie?? :)