Monday, January 2, 2012

Star Command

Tayden got a new bedspread and room decals for Christmas. (Thanks Aunt Jo) He loved them in the box, but loved them even more when we put them up. We also decided when we put the decals up to move Beckett into Taydens room. I have been toying with the idea for a few months and decided it was perfect timing. We converted B's old room into a play room, which is a huge success. I have been promising my mom pictures of 'star command' (the name of the boys room) for a few days now. 




 Scott got some smaller decals to match. We let Tayden decorate is closet door.


Since we are renting we haven't really wanted to put too much on the walls, so this is perfect. It makes it feel like a cozy little boys' room now. I love it.

I have attempted to take pictures of the new play room for a few days, but it is always a mess. The boys absolutely love playing in there, so its hard to clean it up with them around. Which is fine by me. That's the whole purpose of the room and its helped keep my house clean. Its a win/win for everyone. We didn't want to worry about T breaking the closet doors to get to his toys so we took them off to allow for easy access. We still need to hang curtains and do a few things to liven it up, but here are some pictures of the progress.



 It is also the new home to Taydens art.


Its been a crazy few days trying to get everyone settled in their new space. But honestly, the boys have done fantastic. I think they feel a sense of security having each other in the same room while they sleep. Tayden has never been a good sleeper. He does alright, but usually comes in to get me at least once a night. With the big change, he's slept through the night two nights in a row. A big success for us. Beckett no longer cries as he goes to sleep, but just chats with Tayden for a few minutes and drifts off. It's been wonderful.

It's weird, but something about them sharing a room melts my heart a little bit. 
I can't put my finger on it.
But I love it.

2 comments:

The Collier 4 said...

If I had 2 boys they would share a room. I totally wish I had a play room. When we bought our new house the kids each got their own room and after sleeping with each other for almost 3 years, Tavon always asks if Danika can sleep with him and Danika cries out that she is scared and wants to sleep with her brother. I think you made an excellent idea and what mommy doesn't love a clutter/toy free house.

Echo said...

"Start Command". It made me a little nervous. I thought Scott had decided to blog about his "awesome" space show.. Starsomething. I was relieved to find cute pics of the kids' room. Love it!