Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I can't believe it is come and gone already. We had a wonderful day. It was full of family and friends and lots of good memories. Despite limited naps in the car, a slew of people, and pretty much chaos all day, Tayden was wonderful! He was happy all day and well into the evening. It was such a blessing to have him with us this year. He brings Scott and I so much joy. This is kind of a boring post without any pictures, but I wanted to share SOME of the things for which I am thankful. I realized this year it can be almost impossible to count your blessings, but here a FEW:

  • Scott-He will always be my biggest blessing. With him all my other blessings are possible. He is the hardest worker I know and provides for our family. Tayden thinks the world of him, as do I.
  • Tayden-I never ever knew how much I could love somebody else. I love my little boy more than anything. He brings us so much joy and happiness.
  • The temple. Through the power of the temple and priesthood I can live with my two boys forever!...(and hopefully a few more boys and a little girl too...someday!)
  • Answered prayers. I have come to understand that sometimes you don't always get the answers you want, but always get what you need. What a true testament that the our prayers are heard and we are loved by our Eternal Father.
  • Extended family. We are so lucky to have wonderful families who love, support and understand us.
  • My home. It is truly a sanctuary from the craziness of the outside world.
  • The comforts of life. Cars, the Internet, disposable diapers, running water, heat and air conditioning, a soft mattress, etc. Since I have had Tayden, I continually think about the dear pioneers and how lucky we are to enjoy the things that make our life easier.
I love this time of year. I love to see the seasons change and reflect on the important things in life. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

Echo said...

you are so sweet. I am glad you had a great Thanksgiving.