Saturday, October 31, 2009

1st Halloween Date

I am usually not a huge fan of Halloween. In fact, it is my least favorite holiday of the year. My fear of masks might have something to do with that. However, this Halloween was wonderful because I had the opportunity to go on a date with my husband to this beautiful place:

My mom and dad were kind enough to watch Tayden while Scott and I went to the temple. It was simply amazing. The temple is my favorite place and to go with my favorite person was icing on the cake. The spirit was overwhelming and a much needed break from the stresses of the outside world. Thanks so much Mom and Dad. I wish you understood just how much I appreciate you guys!

Now as for Taydens first Halloween, besides all the fun he had at Grandmas house (really, he must have had a blast. He was all smiles all day), he dressed up as a football player. Scott and I joke about Tayden growing up to be a football player and taking care of Mom and Dad, so it seemed like an appropriate costume.


Drawing black lines on his cheeks was not an easy tasks. As you can see, they're not exactly even and he had them rubbed off in about 3 minutes, but they were cute none the less. Holidays with kids are so much fun!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving your little football player!! Exciting for you that you got a night out. Lucky you!!

Melissa The Beautiful said...

He looks so cute!

I am sad we didn't get a chance to chat at the ward party! We will have to do that soon!