Back a long long long time ago (okay, only three years), my family had a bridal shower for me. There, they made me a 'marriage apron'. Its a cute white apron that everyone had a chance to sign and write down some advice to keep a happy marriage. I had it hanging in my previous kitchens and looked at it almost daily. After moving into our house, it had to be put away. Our kitchen simply isn't big enough to hang things and still look clean and organized. Well, I found it the other day. Here are some pieces of advice that I wanted to share:
- You can't expect your spouse to be a certain way until you become that way yourself.
- Always be honest.
- Patience, patience, patience. Not only with each other, but extended family also.
- Count your blessings.
- Handle the money.
- Remember those things that bug you after your married, are the exact things you fell in love with.
- Forgive and forget.
- Don't forget to pray together.
- Be kind.
- Keep your promises.
- Never go to bed angry.
- Don't sweat the small stuff.
- Life isn't always good, but it's a beautiful journey.
- Be supportive.
- Be true to each other.
- Remember to smile and move on.
- You don't always have to be right.
- Always be positive.
- Look after each other.
- Treat each other like you treat your friends.
- Make the bed everyday.
- Love each other deeply from the heart.
I love it! I am lucky enough to have a husband that is constantly thinking about me and my best interest. I hope I can reciprocate those actions and remember these little pieces of advice and keep him as happy as he keeps me.
2 comments:
How fun to have that apron to remind you of all those things! Sometimes I forget!
Awesome advice!!!
Post a Comment