Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Crying It Out

I know I just posted about Scotts midterms last night, but I seriously could not wait to share these hilarious pictures with everyone. Tayden has been having a little bit of a rough time sleeping the past few weeks. So, being the great mom that I am, I have been letting him cry it out. It sounds horrible and mean, but in all honesty it helps him sleep through the night. Tayden was so tired last night so I wasn't to shocked that he only cried for 10 minutes. However, I didn't know he was this exhausted:The poor kid had fallen asleep sitting up. He has done that once before, but we didn't get any pictures. This time, we were not missing out on the opportunity. They aren't the greatest, but I am lucky I got three without waking him up. (I was only expecting to get one.) He had bar lines on his face and drool running down clear to his belly button when I laid him down. It was seriously the funniest thing. Scott and I laughed for about 20 minutes after it happened. I hope Tayden doesn't mind that he is our main source of entertainment.

11 comments:

Lindsey Rasmussen said...

Haha.. those are such cute pictures! I can't believe the crazy ways kids can fall asleep!

In A Sea Of Boys said...

My oldest had to go through the "crying it out" phase too, and at about the same age I think... 9 or 10 months. It does work wonders when they learn to self-soothe to sleep. Hard time for mom-guilt though... Keep up the good work!

Lisa said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! And we did crying it out, too. The only problem we ever faced were annoying neighbors because we were in apartments! Way to go for catching such a priceless moment!

sam and kyrsten said...

these are so cute and so funny! and i love the chair you redid it looks great!

Echo said...

How cute! Great blog photos. hey, are those Coda's old pjs?? Brings back memories! Love you guys!

Erin_C said...

oh my gosh these pictures are hilarious. love it.

Unknown said...

Haha Those are a classic! Love them

Collin, Traci, Cam, and Alyssa said...

Too cute!! It looks like he was really trying to be stubborn and it just didn't work out for him.

Unknown said...

That is hysterical!! I love pictures of babies falling asleep in weird places

Jamie said...

That is so funny! and I'm all about crying it out, just so you know. I'm impressed that you were able to get the pictures!

Melissa The Beautiful said...

I am glad you found my blog so I could find yours! My goodness Tayden is the cutest ever! I can't believe he has gotten so big! I guess I haven't seen you since he was born- crazy!