Here he is: David Cook!
For my birthday, my wonderful husband got me tickets to go see David Cook in concert. For those of you who don't know, I love David Cook. He was the winner of American Idol last year and I followed him the whole season. He is amazing. Anyway, Scott got me tickets and stayed home to watch Tayden. It was the first time I had left Tayden for so long and was a little nervous to say the least. But, I got over it and had an awesome time. It was fun being able to let my hair down and act like I was 17 again. I was by far the craziest of the bunch. In fact, looking back at the concert, I am semi embarrassed by my actions. The concert was incredible, but I had 3 major major highlights:
#1-I got my shirt signed by David Cook!!! We had balcony tickets, so my friend, Kara, and I snuck down to the lower level. We found some seats and sat down for a minute. I heard someone call my name and I found out it was a kid I went to high school with. He had won tickets and backstage passes on the radio earlier that day. He could see I was overflowing with jealousy and offered to get my shirt signed. Well, of course I took him up on the offer. My David Cook shirt now says, "To Stacey: David Cook". AWESOME!
#2-As David was singing a song, he started to walk the audience. I freaked!!! We were sitting next to the edge on the far right side. First, he walked up the left isle, so I knew he had to come our way. I was waiting very impatiently for him to come through the door, but nothing happened. I had given up all hope he was coming my way when my friend yelled at me he was coming. I trample all the girls I was with and got the edge, 2 feet from him! My emotions took over and I started screaming. Like seriously screaming. Stomping my feet and waving my hands. I looked like some of the girls in old Beetles footage. Then...he looked right at me and laughed. David Cook looked at me and laughed. It was awesome. He was probably thinking, "Holy Crap, who is this crazy chick...gemme out of here quick!" But still, he looked at me and laughed. WONDERFUL!
#3-I figured I had already snuck down to the lower level, so why not sneak up even closer? My friend, Nicole and I snuck as close as we could get. About 2 rows back from the pit. I was doing everything I could to get him to look at me. I jumped up and down screaming for about 10-15 , minutes, but nothing was working. Things started to die down as he was talking and my friend told me to yell. So I did. I yelled, "DAVID!!!". He looked over and said, "What?" And you know what comes out of my mouth? "HI!" He said "Hello"...to me! He stopped his little speech and said hello. Then, the security guard politely came over and asked if I was better...basically telling me it was time to leave. AMAZING!!!
#2-As David was singing a song, he started to walk the audience. I freaked!!! We were sitting next to the edge on the far right side. First, he walked up the left isle, so I knew he had to come our way. I was waiting very impatiently for him to come through the door, but nothing happened. I had given up all hope he was coming my way when my friend yelled at me he was coming. I trample all the girls I was with and got the edge, 2 feet from him! My emotions took over and I started screaming. Like seriously screaming. Stomping my feet and waving my hands. I looked like some of the girls in old Beetles footage. Then...he looked right at me and laughed. David Cook looked at me and laughed. It was awesome. He was probably thinking, "Holy Crap, who is this crazy chick...gemme out of here quick!" But still, he looked at me and laughed. WONDERFUL!
#3-I figured I had already snuck down to the lower level, so why not sneak up even closer? My friend, Nicole and I snuck as close as we could get. About 2 rows back from the pit. I was doing everything I could to get him to look at me. I jumped up and down screaming for about 10-15 , minutes, but nothing was working. Things started to die down as he was talking and my friend told me to yell. So I did. I yelled, "DAVID!!!". He looked over and said, "What?" And you know what comes out of my mouth? "HI!" He said "Hello"...to me! He stopped his little speech and said hello. Then, the security guard politely came over and asked if I was better...basically telling me it was time to leave. AMAZING!!!
I know, I am a little crazy. But in all seriousness it was the greatest night. I had a great time getting to know the girls better and am confident we will be able to stay friends. I had a night to myself, which hasn't happened in 7 months. I had a better appreciation for my husband and son. I let loose and enjoyed myself. It was the best birthday ever. Thanks to my love.
Here are some pictures: (Thanks to Dana and Natalie for letting me steal theirs. I didn't take my camera, it was too big. We didn't take a lot of pictures, we were too busy enjoying the show.)

All the girls. Kara, me, Nicole, Dana and Natalie in our outfits before we bought shirts. (Please ignore the huge rip in my knee!) p.s (I copied the pics from facebook, so you can't see the whole picture. You have to click on it to see the whole thing. Sorry, I'm not a computer gooru and don't know how to fix it.)

After we bought shirts.

Me loving my shirt! This was before it was signed.
Here are some pictures: (Thanks to Dana and Natalie for letting me steal theirs. I didn't take my camera, it was too big. We didn't take a lot of pictures, we were too busy enjoying the show.)
All the girls. Kara, me, Nicole, Dana and Natalie in our outfits before we bought shirts. (Please ignore the huge rip in my knee!) p.s (I copied the pics from facebook, so you can't see the whole picture. You have to click on it to see the whole thing. Sorry, I'm not a computer gooru and don't know how to fix it.)
After we bought shirts.
Me loving my shirt! This was before it was signed.
6 comments:
Haha, sounds like you had a great time! (I was starting to get embarrassed because of my twilight fascination, ya know....feeling 17 all over again....but I feel great now!) If you can scream and freak out of David Cook, who is real....then I can do a little drowling over twilight, right? We sure miss you, lova ya!
You crack me up! I love your stories, they are the best.
I really enjoyed the concert, and I LOVED they extra entertainment courtesy of you! Maybe we could become David Cook roadies!
Sweet! Sounds like you had soo much fun. Wish I could've seen your freakouts in real life! Hilarious!
I cannot see you freaking out over David Cook, I seriously wish I could have seen you! You are always so serious! Haha. Glad you had a good time! :]
haha your so funny! sounds like it was a blast...I'm glad you had fun. Hopefully i can relax at the idea of leaving hanna!
Post a Comment