Thursday, June 19, 2025

Cancun Day Four

Day four of our Cancun was amazing. In fact, most of the family will say it was their favorite day. We went on an LDS tour of Chitzen Itsa and swimming in the Ilk Kil cenote. As we drove the two hours to Chitzen Itsa, our tour guide, Lamuel,  did a great job at showing us the connections between the Book of Mormon and Chitzen Itsa. It was amazing and we were all so invested in what he was saying. 

When we walked into Chitzen Itsa and I saw the castle, I was overcome with emotion and cried at the sight of it. I felt so connected to history and like a part of something bigger. I saw our religion outside of the United States and felt the love of God for all his children. Past, present, future, and of all colors and cultures. It was deeply touching. It brough the Book of Mormon times to life and gave us a new experience. It was really neat. 

After the tour, we swam in the Ilk Kil cenote. It was a hot day, so the cool cenote waters were so refreshing. It was fun to play with the boys and watch them enjoy the day. 
















































No comments: