I had the opportunity to take Tayden and some of his friends to do Baptisms for the Dead last week. It was Taydens first time so it was a really special and unique experience to share with him. I haven't been to the temple in over 18 months, so just being in the building was incredible. It was liking breathing after holding your breath. It feels so good. Taydens main take away was how peaceful it was. He commented that it was the most peace he has ever felt. I hope that sticks with him forever. I love that he had the opportunity to be baptized by priests in our ward. Every time I did baptisms when I was younger, it was a leader performing the ordinance. However, Tayden was baptized by his peers and it gave him a goal to look forward to as he gets older. I love that the youth were able to do temple work without the help of an adult. He was even able to act as a witness for his friends baptisms, which was cool. I just sat and watched a soaked up all the goodness the temple has to offer. It was really neat and I look foward to many more trips with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment