My favorite part of the summer is when the Texas Mennears come to Idaho! They didn't get to come last year because of COVID, so it had been 18 months since I last saw them. I've seen my brother a couple of times, but not his wife or children. It was great to hug them all again.
We spent many nights staying up playing card games or outside playing volleyball and having relays. The boys got the best cousin time and loved seeing Justin and Echo. We went shopping and to the movies and out for snow cones. The last day they were here, we spent a couple of hours in Ashton showing them our property and sharing with them the things we love most. It was the best couple of days. I was lucky enough to spend some good quality one on one time with both Coda and Gracie and I was blown away by the great young people they are becoming. They were so kind and patient with my kids. Helping me whenever I needed it, often unasked. They were respectful and great house guests, cleaning up after themselves and thanking me always. I had the best conversations with them and I loved hearing about their lives and the things they face as youth in Texas. I think the hardest part of the living away from my brother is missing his kids grow up. I love my niece and nephew fiercely. They will always hold a special place in my heart and I cherish the days I had with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment