Sunday, July 11, 2021

Fourth of July Week

 Wow! What a week. More like week and a half. The past 10 days have been non stop fun!

The Fourth of July was wonderful. Its a favorite holiday of mine, so of course I loved it. We spent the morning in Inkom at the parade. It was good for my heart. Grandpa Great hasn't been doing too well and wasn't able to attend the parade, but Grandma did. Scott was worried about her being alone so he sat with her during the parade and didn't collect candy. I was so impressed because this candy parade is a highlight he always looks forward too, but he chose to be with his grandma. She must have been able to tell how hard it was for him, because she told him to get out there and get some candy. He hastily agreed and soon had more candy than anyone. He is a kid at heart. 











We were lucky enough to have Matt and Jen with us for the weekend, so after the parade we took family pictures then held a baby shower for Jen. While we did that, the boys enjoyed the creek behind Grandpas house. I'm so grateful for these memories they are making. 




We headed home soon after and prepared for the evening fireworks. The show was fabulous, but the trek home was not so much. We were in the car for about an hour trying to make it across town. At one point Kyle said, "I can't take it anymore! I need my bed!". We all understood exactly how he felt. 



We finally made it home, crashed into bed and got up early to head to Ashton for the day with Dave, Cheryl, Ashley, Matt and Jen. It was hot when we got there, but soon a rainstorm cooled us down and sustained us into the evening. The boys enjoyed a couple of hours fishing with Uncle Matt. 




The next five days were a complete blur. My brother and his family came into town and the fun didn't even stop long enough for us to catch our breath. We spent every day at my parents house in Blackfoot late into the evening, came home and slept for a few hours and headed back to Blackfoot the next morning. This lasted for five days and by the end of the week we were exhausted. We played so many games of volleyball, swam nonstop, ran hours worth of relays, ate dessert every night, stayed up late watching movies and playing cards (my personal favorite), laughed and cried. It was the absolute best week of the summer. 


























The past days will be hard to top. I feel so blessed to have been able to spend time with my loved ones. As I get older, I really am realizing that is life's greatest pleasure. Now, onto one of life's other  pleasures...sleeping and recovering. 







 


No comments: