Monday, January 11, 2021

Deacon

 Yesterday, I had the privilege of watching Scott ordain Tayden to the office of a Deacon. It was a great experience. First, let me give you a backstory. The past couple of weeks, I've been struggling with the adventure that lies ahead for Tayden. Middle School. In Ammon, middle school starts later than elementary and they get home an hour and half later. And it will be even later on days he has practice. He'll be on a completely different schedule than his brothers. The school is further, which doesn't seem like a big deal, but it feels like a big deal. The class schedules, being around punk kids, making harder choices, all of it....scares me. Makes me sick. I feel like he is branching out to this whole new world and will be independent as ever. I am not ready. The only consolation is knowing I don't have to face it for nine more months.

So, amid my reservations on letting him grow up, came a beautiful blessing from his father. Scott blessed him with a knowledge and courage to choose right from wrong. He blessed him to stay true to his faith and let his priesthood help guide him. He told him about the love of his earthly and heavenly parents and told him to be an example of good for his brothers. It put my heart to ease and assured me that Tayden is ready for this next step. And gave me the courage the face it too. 











We feel lucky that we were able to have Grandparents with us during this special day. 

No comments: