Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Easter LockDown

Like everything else, Easter was different this year. We’re still under the shelter at home order, so we had to make the best of our circumstances. It just so happens that we live in one of the best neighborhoods around and we had a visit from the Easter Bunny on his golf cart. We were able to go out and wave from the street while he threw candy to the kids. It was fun to see all the families out in the yard playing and waiting for the solo parade to start. It was a huge act of kindness that I’ll never forget. 



We dyed eggs as well this year. It’s not my favorite activity, but the kids loved it and it was nice to do something out of the normal.







And we still held our annual egg hunt. We didn’t fill the eggs with candy this year and we thought for sure the kids would complain about it, but they didn’t! We had every intention of trading the eggs for candy, but it never came to it. Instead, they filled them up with candy from their Easter basket and Scott and I walked away with our bag of candy. 









Church looked different than a usual Easter as we worshiped in our home. We partook of the Sacrament, sang songs and Scott gave a great lesson about the resurrection and importance of the sacrament. My heart was warmed as I looked at my rag tag kids in their wrinkled church clothes and realized this is what it means to live the gospel. This, inside our home and teaching our kids and strengthening our testimonies is exactly what we are supposed to be doing right now. I love this picture of Beckett cuddling with Kyle. It shows just what my heart is feeling.




We had a delicious dinner. Scott bought the biggest ham in the store and it was entirely too big for my crockpot. I was extremely impressed with my ingenuity to fix my problem. I used the lid to my cake tray.



One thing that will never ever change is the purpose of Easter. I am so grateful that through all the chaos in the world right now, one constant remains the same. Our Savior Jesus Christ. He lived for us, he died for us and then he rose again for us. This gives us the power to be resurrected as well and the ability to live with our families forever. That is the greatest source of joy and peace. 


No comments: