Tayden woke up, got ready, ate his breakfast and packed his lunch. He was completely ready for third grade. He had a wonderful first day. He got Mr. Kennelly, the teacher that he had been hoping for, and loved spending the day with him.
While Beckett was just as excited as Tayden, his morning went a little different. There were lots of reminders to eat his breakfast. His shorts "looked funny" and his new pants "felt weird", so he ended up wearing the least holey jeans I could find. I had to wipe his face on the way out the oor to first grade. He had a good first day. He came home and asked me if damn was a bad word. I told him it was and asked him who said it. He said his teacher did. I explained she must have meant like a beaver dam and his reply... "No. She said, Put it in the damn bucket!" Oh, I laughed so so hard. Beckett got Mrs. Roberts, who is the best first grade teacher...if not the best in the school. I'm sure she said it under her breath or forgot to watch her tongue after a long summer vacation. I'm not anticipating it being a problem and it sure gave me a good chuckle.
The second day was a little rough for Beckett, but he made it. He isn't quite used to the long days and thought school should have been over about an hour before it was. Luckily, Tayden was at school to help. Story has it, our neighbor saw Beckett having a hard time and went to find Tayden. When big brother got there, little brother had a break down and needed a good hug. Tayden was more than happy to oblige and gave Beckett a little pep talk. I am so proud of them and grateful they have each other.
Fast forward to today, the third day of school. Beckett woke up willing to go, but not overly excited. When I asked him what he was wearing, he said what he had on...which happened to be the exact outfit from the previous day. I explained that to him and he said, "Well, I figured out if I wear the same clothes, I'll have less laundry to do." Over the summer they started putting their clean clothes away and he hates it. So wearing the same clothes is his solution. I laughed at his wit, but didn't want to tell him no and have a meltdown before school. Not a minute later Tayden came up the stairs in the exact same outfit. Mind you, I only bought them ONE pair of matching shirts. And Tayden had to wear it today. That cemented Becketts decision to wear the same clothes to match Tayden. So, mom of the year here, let Beckett wear the same clothes two days in a row. I'm sure his teacher got a chuckle from me.
Cache had his first day of preschool today. It was his dream come true. He has been waiting for this day all summer. His favorite part was getting a get to know you home work. Best day of his life, for sure.











No comments:
Post a Comment