Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Hidden Blessings
This morning had the makings of a perfectly awful start. I woke up after a long night with a very sick Cache, entering my 14th hour of a personal fast and to a six year old with a painful abscessed tooth. After a pep talk from my mom, I consented to the day and got to work. The dentist was booked and we'd have to go into the office and wait until he had a minute to help us. And we needed to be there ASAP as they were closing for early for the holiday. I got the kids dressed, woke up sick Cache and headed to McD's to grab some breakfast. We converted the back of the car into a movie party and got comfy as we waited for the dentist. What was supposed to be an hour wait, miraculously turned into five minutes. Tayden got in, braved the shot and got his tooth pulled while I went back and forth between him and the sick car. I decided to take Cache to the doctor, whose office is across the street from the dentist. I spoke with a nurse about what was happening and she told me they had an opening and go bring him right in. 10 minutes later, we were out the door with a croup diagnosis and a steroid RX. It could have been one of the hardest mornings as a mother, BUT it wasn't. I know that Heavenly Father was aware of me and my little molehill that felt like a mountain. I know He got me through my morning and my fast that was nagging me so strongly this morning, held me up and gave me the strength I needed. I love when you think things can't possibly get worse, and they turn into a lesson of love and awareness from our Father in Heaven. I can't help but feel blessed today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment