His school picture.
After the chat with his teacher we went to go get some frozen yogurt. We talked about life and about school. His ups and downs and how to make good choices. It was awesome. I haven't had much one on one time with him lately, so this was a real treat for me. I hope this becomes a fun tradition.
One quick story about Tayden. He was having a rough time with a little girl at school and wasn't being kind to her. At all. One day when they were walking home, he and another little boy were hitting her with their backpacks. I was being mad when I found out. I was so angry and disappointed. I know he knows right from wrong and he knew that was a bad choice. After it happened, I had the chance to help him make it right. I spoke to him about repentance and apologizing to Heavenly Father as well as Haley. He sat down and prayed to his Father In Heaven and said sorry for being mean. He asked for help to be nice and to remember to make good choices. It was so innocent and pure. After the prayer we walked to the little girls house to make amends. I was expecting Haley and her mom to be on the porch for a quick chat, but instead it was her whole family. Tayden walked into her home, nervous as ever, and said his peace. He told her he was sorry and he would try harder to be nice. He asked her to be nice and quit chasing him at school. He told her that he wanted to be friends with her again. I watched my little boy own his mistake and made it right.
I am extrememly proud of him and my heart bursts with pride for this little boy. I am grateful for this learning lesson and the things he learned through it. He came out better and I am glad he is mine.


1 comment:
You are such a good mom, Stacey. I seriously look up to you in the way you are raising your boys and I hope I can do half as good as you are!
Post a Comment