Thursday, January 1, 2015

Looking Back and Looking Forward

Boy oh boy, what a year! Its been simulatenously wonderful and heartbreaking. We've had lots of ups and our fair share of downs. If I have taken one thing away from the past year, it is complete and total faith. More than once I mentioned how my home in Las Vegas was the most at home I had ever felt. And I wasn't lying. Yet, here I am living in Idaho waiting for the next part of our journey. We were convinced we were done having babies. Yet, here I sit with a baby in my belly. Both of these events took a huge amount of faith. Faith that I didn't know could be so hard and faith I didn't know I had. But even on a day to day basis, we lived on faith. The way we taught our kids, or got through a tough day. All boiled down to faith. What an amazing blessing to feel my life in my Fathers hands. 

Here are a few highlights from each month of the year.

JANUARY:
Scott and I went on a helicopter tour. 
Tayden and Beckett celebrated their 5th and 3rd birthdays.

FEBRUARY:
We enjoyed our first color run as a family.

MARCH:
Tayden started his first season of T-Ball.
Beckett started speech.

APRIL:
We had our first General Conference as a particpating family. Everyone sat through the sessions and stayed quiet and busy. 

MAY:
I enjoyed a Mothers Day Brunch with Tayden and his preschool. 
Scott and I won free tickets to see A Great Big World in a private vendor concert.

JUNE:
Scott started his new job at DRS.
We enjoyed national doughnut day at Krispie Kreme.

JULY:
Our annual summer Idaho vacation.

AUGUST:
I celebrated my 28th birthday.
Tayden started kindergarten.

SEPTEMBER:
Scott and I had our 8th anniversary.
We excepted the INL job.

OCTOBER:
Cache turned two.
We carved our first ever pumpkins.
The family learned the baby was a boy.

NOVEMBER:
We made the move to Idaho.
Tayden started Idaho Kindergarten.

DECEMBER:
Boys experienced their first real snow.
Cache learn to potty in the toilet. 
We had Christmas with family.

Its been a humble year. And I couldn't be happier about it. Looking back makes me realize how much I love Las Vegas and how badly I miss it. My heart hurts thinking about the life I am missing there. But I know, because of my faith, that things will be great here too. I am looking forward to our new adventure in 2015. Namely, this new baby and our move to Idaho Falls. I am grateful for this past year and the life we are so blessed with. 

No comments: