Beckett turned four on Saturday and since Taydens birthday was on a Sunday, we did a combined birthday activity. One of the boys favorite places in pocatello is Randy's gym. We went with the Mennear family over the summer and they've been begging to go back ever since. They ran, jumped and flipped until they were all funned out. Scott even got in on the fun and jumped off the big platform... Twice. It was a great birthday bash!
When I asked Beckett what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday, he insisted upon a lion castle cake. I tried and tried to show him different kinds of cakes we could make, but he refused to be persuaded. So I made him his cake per his request.
He woke up the next morning livid I had put chocolate frosting on his cupcakes. He wanted normal cupcakes, apparently not chocolate. Which is normally his favorite. But after he got some breakfast In his belly, he was happy with it. Though he wanted to play with his castle, so we ended up taking it down 30 minutes into the morning.
Beckett is one of a kind. He is strong willed and marches to his own beat. He knows exactly who he is and the way he likes things done. He is incredibley kind and loving and has a heart of gold. Beckett loves sandwiches, bananas and oranges. His favorite color is orange and his favorite toy is his lion castle. He hates to draw and write, but loves to build and tinker with his hands. His imagination is amazing. And he can spin a story like no other. And funny. He is so dang funny. I love my Beckett boy and could not be more grateful that he is ours.
Tayden asked for a shark cake. He had a shark cake last year, but I upped my game this year. I was pretty happy with how it turned out and he was too.
I still cannot believe I have a six year old. It's crazy! Tayden is caring, loving, nurturing and protective of his little brothers. Though he picks on them and can be relentless, he loves them with a deep fierce love that warms my heart. He is witty, and smart...and logical to a fault. He loves pancakes and chocolate granola bars. He has an major interest in all things ocean related, especially sharks. It's a love that started at 2 and has never gone away. He likes to draw and create and is getting better at reading. We love Tayden. And I could not be more grateful he is mine!
Happy birthday, boys!












No comments:
Post a Comment