The last night in Las Vegas was rough. I drown all my sorrows in chips and salsa. Of course without furniture or bowls, I got comfy on the floor and ate straight from the jar.
I was super nervous for the drive. Turns out I was worried for no reason. The boys were awesome and did remarkably well on the drive. They each had a notebook and pen, a mcdonalds toy and two suckers. We told lots of stories, played games, laughed and just talked to pass the time. It was wonderfully unexpected. Tayden was my designated helper and handed out everything. I couldn't have done it without him.
After a few days in the car and a lot of chaos, I decided it would be good for the kids to get out and do something fun. My mom and I took the kids to Lowes to a building workshop. They built a science lab. They loved hammering the nails. And even though it was much harder than it should have been, we got it done. And the boys looked adorable while doing it
We're all glad to be here and are ready to get settled in. Hopefully as we do, we'll get back into a grove and I'll fall into a better routine. As hard and tiring as things have been, my heart knows this is the right move. And that helps make everything worth it.




No comments:
Post a Comment