Sunday, November 23, 2014

Milestones

This week has been a good week. Everyone had some sort of milestone or celebration. In order from oldest to youngest. 

Scott. 
Scott turned the big 3-1. We celebrated by taking taking a day trip to Idaho Falls. We went out to lunch, hit sportsman warehouse, took the kids to the toy store and checked out a few different neighborhoods (since we'll be moving there in a couple months). It was pretty low key, but so fun to spend the day as a family. 


Stacey. 
Stacey, A week short of a the halfway mark in this pregnancy and it's really starting to hit me that I'm going to have FOUR boys. I'm so excited to welcome this new sweet child into our crazy circus family. When I was sure we were done having kids, I gave all our baby clothes and other stuff away. So I'm a little stressed that we don't have much for new baby boy, but I'm sure it will work out fine. He is getting bigger by the week and his movement are becoming more and more distinct. I can't wait to have a newborn again.

Tayden. 
Tayden had his first day of Idaho kindergarten!! He goes full day every Wednesday and Friday and every other Monday. I was concerned about this schedule, but so far so good. He loves it. He loves eating in the cafeteria and playing at recess. I picked him up the first day and before we could even get to th car he grabbed my hand and with a huge smile said, "Mom! My first day was so great." It was the cutest thing. He got a little lost the first day going to the recess from lunch. He told me he explained the situation to a teacher and asked for help. I am so proud of this brave boy. He took a hard scary situation and did the right thing. Makes my heart burst with pride. 



Beckett. 
It's no secret that Beckett wants nothing to do with school work. Or any sort of fine motor skill learning. He's quite opposite from his older brother in that department. Every spare moment he has had has gone towards speech. So school work, coloring, drawing etc has taken back seat. I started to recognize his need for extra help a few weeks ago, and now that things have finally settled down a bit, I have started to work with him more. I tried everything I could to make it fun, but he wasn't responding. Finally, I cracked down and was a little mean about it. He actually responded fairly well. When we work on speech he has to do something right so many times before he gets a reward. I tried the same approach with writing and he's done well. He's got a long way to go, but is getting better everyday. This picture was taken about a week ago, but it was the first thing he worked really hard on and put effort into. He drew his friend Paige a rainbow and again, my heart beamed with pride. 


Cache.
Cache is potty trained!! Well, mostly. He's only had about 2 accidents over the course of a week. It's quite remarkable really. But he is still working on the poo part. I'm not sure what the deal is, but he hasn't taken that quite on as quickly. Which is weird, because he was pooping in the potty without issue a few weeks ago. Either way, I'm so incredible proud of him and am sure he'll get the hang of the rest of it soon enough. 


Happy for such a positive week!! 















No comments: