Scotts parents left early Sunday morning. When we got home from church we had a visitor sitting on our couch, my mom. She has a friend who has a sister that lives here, so they carpooled down here and stayed for a couple days. The kids were so surprised! They had a full week of grandma(s) and a grandpa. How lucky are they? And me! Super lucky!
I didn't take any pictures while she was here, but we had a blast. We spent lots of time on the floor playing with the kids, going on lots of bike rides, a trip to lunch and a few hours of Mom and Stacey time. She even let Scott and I enjoy a movie date while she was here. It was awesome.
Having her (and Scott's parents) here and time to ponder the birth of our Savior made me think about just how blessed I am. Sometimes I get caught up in everyone else. I get caught up in what they have-- Their big homes, their new job opportunities, their expanding baby bellies, dinners with their husbands and so on and so on. I have to force myself to concentrate on me and my family and our current situation. Its in those moments of frustration and heartache that I see the hand of the Lord in my life. I am blessed.
We live in an amazing community surrounded by the most wonderful people.
Scott has a job that provides for the family.
My boys are healthy. And smart.
We live in a beautiful home that provides safety.
My new calling as Gospel Doctrine teacher teaches me so much.
We have the spirit in our home.
Tayden is learning to read and spell.
The kids know that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love them.
We have two cars.
Cache is sleeping through the night and napping great.
We enjoy modern technology like skype and facetime.
Our families love us.
Beckett is learning to love nursery.
I like where I live.
The desert is beautiful.
The church is true.
I am where I am for a reason.
My situation is unique to me as yours is to you. The plan Heavenly Father has for us is tailored for the Packard family and even when its foggy and I can't see it--its still there. And one day the fog will lift and I will be eternally grateful that His hand shaped and molded my path.
We are so blessed.
1 comment:
Stace I love this post! I think everyone gets a little caught up here and there. I'm sure you're a great gospel doctrine teacher! How fun!
Post a Comment