Three boys walk into the doctor. Does that sound like the beginning of a bad joke or what?! Well, its true. Three boys did walk into the doctor today and yes it was like a bad joke! Keep reading, I'll explain.
All three of my boys were do for a wellness check. I thought it would be easiest to make one trip while Scott was home and get it done. I don't know if I was right or not, but either way, it got done.
Tayden: This boy is right as rain. He looks great. On track with everything. Doing well and completely healthy. He is 40 lbs 10 oz (49%) and 44 1/2 inches tall (79%).
Beckett: Here is the joke. From the minute we told B we were going to the doctor, he was irritated and didn't want to go. The minute we stepped into the doctor office, he was mad and didn't want to be there. The minute we went back to get checked he was furious. Kicking, screaming and full out tantrum. I have never...NEVER...had a melt down like that it public. It took 15 minutes to get his height and weight. He was literally screaming louder than I have ever heard him scream. It was awful. I was embarrassed, but what do you do? Oh, and don't let me forget how he acted with the doctor during the actual check up. He clenched up his whole body into this tight little ball and we had to pry him open so she could check him out. And of course, Beckett is big and strong and super stubborn, so it was no easy task. He kept yelling at her, "Me no like you people!" or "I don't want to do this!" Which speaking of speech, we got a referral! Yay! She listened to him and said it sounded like a moderate condition. He has a large vocabulary and is stringing together long sentences, its just the articulation that is a problem. She was very hopeful it wouldn't take too much intervention, but then again she isn't a specialist. And honestly, its weird, but in the past two days I'd say he has improved. Not a lot, but a big enough difference that I have noticed. So we'll just take it a day at a time. But in the end, the grown ups won. He weighs a whopping 37 lbs 13 oz (93%) and is 40 1/4 inches tall (95%). HUGE!
Cache: Little baby surprised me. He actually grew! He weights 20 lbs 13 ounces and took a big jump from 10% 3 months ago in the 19%. He is 30 1/4 inches tall and jumped from about 10% to 13%. Our normal pediatrician moved and so we saw a new doctor, which I loved, and she agreed that it looks like a constituted growth delay for Cache. Which basically means instead of growing in growth spurts, he is a slow and steady grower. I don't care really as long as he keeps growing!
It was a hectic visit and I am glad I don't have to do that again!
At least not any time soon!
2 comments:
Been there! Cam had a knack for kicking nurses at that age. So embarrassing, and the dentist was even more impossible. Glad your boys are doing well!
I can totally picture Beckett! Sorry, Mama....it was a really funny joke!
Post a Comment