Sunday, October 20, 2013

Round Two

Scott is in Idaho this weekend for his little brothers mission farewell. Since we've only been in Las Vegas 10 days and in the home a week, we decided it would best to not pack the kids up again and drive them 24 hours in the space of three days. It was a hard decision to make, but that is what being a parent is about. Making decisions for your kids...even if they are hard.

So that leaves me alone for 3 days. Not too big of a deal considering Scotts job is extremely demanding and I've been on my own the past 8 weeks. So, really-- I wasn't too phased. This morning as we were making beds, I noticed one of Becketts pillows was missing. I remembered it was on my bed from earlier in the morning and asked the boys to go grab it. They were having a hard time listening, and I was starving for breakfast so I asked them again to go get it. Nothing. I probed them to race to see who could get it the fastest, and sure enough they both took off running. For some reason, I decided to follow and just as I turned the corner I watched Tayden trip and dive head first into my sideboard of my bed. I knew the minute he screamed it was serious.

I picked him up and sure enough he had blood everywhere. I immediately knew he needed stitches. Oddly enough, I stay very calm in these situations and just do what needs to get done. I called a friend to drop the two little boys off to and loaded up the kids. Beckett didn't want to stay with Adam and Melissa and since I needed to drop him off at his new nursery today--I decided to let him come along. Thankfully the Turneys were able to keep Cache, which is really the one I didn't want to take. He was kind of a stinker for them, but I appreciate their help so much. 

We were the only ones in the ER and got in and out rather quickly. They had to numb it up really good and use an anti-inflammatory to make the swelling go down enough to sew him up. While we waited for the meds to start working we all hung out on the hospital bed and watched cartoons. A real treat for the boys since we don't watch TV before church. 

The doc came in 20 minutes later and determined the swelling had gone down enough that he could glue it. So within a few minutes we were on our way home. 

Its not awful, but is on the opposite side of his other scar. Poor kid--not even 5 and already scarring up his face. He was brave and did great in the hospital. He talked to the nurses and doctor and smiled the whole time. He is a great little boy.






Never a dull moment with these boys.
Now lets just hope Beckett doesn't decide he needs a matching scar again!